Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Special Prayer Request for Jizza's Graduation


Dear friends and supporters,

I'm so thankful to announce that in less than a month our very own Jizza Magallanes will graduate with her degree in Social Work. Then in June she will take the licensing exam to become an official, licensed Social Worker!  Although she doesn't yet have all the funds for her graduation and exam review, we are declaring by faith that she will graduate and attain her license.

Jizza leads an orientation for some of our clients
Actually, God has already been providing in miraculous ways for Jizza to complete her studies. Despite many trails, God has provided for all her needs and tuition fees over the years. She can now see the finish line, and she is fervently praying to graduate. I've asked her to write a letter to explain the final provisions she needs to graduate. We only need $275 more to reach this goal! If you would like to respond to her need through donations or prayer, contact me at johndlcoffey@gmail.com

John Coffey

- - - - - - -

"The Realization of a Dream" by Jizza Magallanes

A blessed day! My name is Jizza B. Magallanes and I am 24 years old. I have been working with street children and marginalized families in Muntinlupa City, Philippines for almost three years now under International Teams Tender Ministry. At the same time, I am taking up a degree in Social Work at  the Philippine Christian University. By God’s grace, my mother and I have been working in order to fund my schooling after a painful downfall in my family’s finances which forced me to stop my schooling for awhile. I chose not to be affected by the situation and continued in my ministry despite the reality that being a full-time worker in a faith-based organization means not always receiving a steady income. It is my mother who works hard in order to support my studies. She used to work as a full-time babysitter and house helper because she firmly supports the importance of my education. And even now that she is earning a good salary by working as a house parent in the nearby "Children's Home" orphanage, she still works as a part-time clothes washer and house helper. As of now, we have been able to cover most of my tuition fee and are still working out the means to pay the rest of the balance. I wrote this letter as a step of faith, for we are still praying for provisions for my graduation fee and board examination review. Please see the breakdown below:

Amount
US $
Particular
Date Needed
8,000 PHP
US$ 200
Graduation fee (inclusion:  graduation picture, graduation toga, yearbook, alumni fee, copy of transcript of records, other school needs)
4th week of March or
1st week of April, 2014 before April 4
5,000 PHP
US$ 125
Board Examination Review Fee
3rd or 4th week of April, 2014
2,000 PHP
US$ 50

Allowance for transportation (Alabang to Manila, vice versa)
1st week of May, 2014


$ 375
- 100
$ 275
Total Amount Needed
(minus $100 in donations already received)
Only $275 left to raise

I believe in my heart that it is my calling to serve God with the use of my talents and knowledge. I will be more effective if I have a degree and license in Social Work.  Please pray for me as I face this final struggle in my studies. I believe that God has a purpose for every trial in our lives and I decide to trust in Him and to hope that other people might want to join my cause.

- - - - - - -

If you would like to join in helping Jizza graduate, contact John Coffey at johndlcoffey@gmail.com

Thank you for your support and prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment